Full Academic Scholarship
2 Scholarships are available for 2022, covering:
- Tuition Fees (91,000 THB)
- Expenses (45,000 THB)
- Air Ticket Reimbursement (not exceeding 7,500 THB)
Note: ASEAN students currently studying in Thailand are ineligible to apply
Please note: Only TOEFL and IELTS test scores will be considered. English Proficiency testing results or certificates issued by a university will not be accepted
+66 2 218 2219
Back to Top ˄
3 scholarships are available for International students from ASEAN and Non-ASEAN countries:
(Apply no later than May 17, 2022)
(Apply no later than May 17, 2019)
Term of the Scholarships:
1. Two-year Master’s degree scholarship; the first semester starting in August 2023
2. Three-year Doctoral degree scholarships; the first semester starting in August 2023
Provisions of the Scholarships:
The scholarships will cover the following:
1. An economy class, round trip ticket, as actually paid. It should also be noted that
1.1 For students from ASEAN, the airfare of each leg of the trip must not exceed 8,500 Baht;
1.2 For students from Asian countries, the airfare of each leg of the trip must not exceed
1.3 For students from Europe, Australia and New Zealand as well as Africa, the airfare
of each leg must not exceed 20,000 Baht;
1.4 For students from North and South America, the airfare of each leg must not exceed
2.Tuition fees (tuition fees for the faculty/special fees charged by the Faculty or the Programme of the students’ choice are excluded. Advanced arrangement between the students and the Faculty/Programme is needed).
3. A monthly stipend and accommodation in the amount of 16,000 Baht.
Conditions of the Scholarships:
1. The term of the scholarships cannot be extended.
2. Recipients of the scholarships are not allowed to defer the period of scholarship
acceptance once the scholarship has been granted by the University.
3. Recipients are not allowed to accept any off-campus employment in Thailand during
the term of the scholarship.
Eligibility of Applicants:
1. Applicants must be international graduate students from ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries.
Faculty members, researchers and academic staff, who will return to teach/work at their home universities after graduation from Chulalongkorn University, are preferred.
It should be noted that students from ASEAN or Non-ASEAN countries, who have been studying in any programme at Chulalongkorn University for more than one semester, are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
2. Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in a field related to the field for which they are applying. A degree certificate and an official academic transcript must be submitted with their application.
3. Applicants must have obtained a grade point average of not lower than 2.75 for their undergraduate studies and not lower than 3.25 for their graduate studies.
4. Applicants must be not be over 40 years of age.
5. Applicants must have a good command of English. A minimum TOEFL score of 500 or IELTS score of 5.0 is required.
6. Applicants must be in good health.
Documents Required for Application:
1. A completed application form with a 1-inch photograph attached,
2. A curriculum vitae,
3. An academic transcript issued by the last academic institution that the applicant attended,
4. A certificate of graduation, if available,
5. A photocopy of the applicant’s passport,
6. Two letters of recommendation from the Head, the Director or the Dean of the institution of the applicant’s affiliation or from the applicant’s superiors,
7. A medical certificate confirming a physical examination in a hospital in the applicant’s home country.
Application Procedures and Period:
1.Applicants must send the completed application form and relevant documents directly to the Faculty/Programme of their choice before the deadline set by the University’s Office of Academic Affairs. For further information about all programmes offered by Chulalongkorn University, please visit http://www.academic.chula.ac.th/search/search.asp
2. Applicants must be screened and recruited by the Faculty/Programme of their choice before
their names are forwarded to the Office of Academic Affairs, Chulalongkorn University. All relevant application documents which have been screened by the Faculty/Programme must arrive at the Office of Academic Affairs
The Office of Academic Affairs will not accept direct applications from applicants.
It should be noted that each Faculty/Programme sets its own application deadline and selection schedule. The deadline to accept to application is May 30, 2023. Applicants should send their application form and relevant documents to the Faculty/Programme of their choice at least 2 weeks prior to the deadline set by the University’s Office of Academic Affairs.
Further details can be found on the Chulalongkorn University Scholarships information page
Back to Top ˄